The homebuilt "hot rod" as a smooth-flying .40!
While not specifically intended as a vehicle for showy aerobatics, the popular, full-size RV-4 has proven very capable of them all the same. Great Planes' RV-4 model offers similar versatility. Ideal for intermediate-level aerobatics, it offers good knife-edge capabilities, tracks beautifully, delivers almost unlimited vertical performance with a .46 engine...and is also a great choice for just having some "Sunday" fun.
- Easy interlocking balsa/ply construction, with built-in thrust angles and a wing that assembles flat on die-cut tabs.
- Loaded with sport-scale realism—detailed cockpit features rollover bar, tandem instrument panels and a crystal-clear butyrate canopy.
- Spacious radio compartment allows easy radio gear installation and quick fuel tank access.
- Generous package of Great Planes hardware includes rod-in-tube pushrods for smooth control surface operation.
- Reinforced nylon Adjustable Engine Mount perfectly fits any 2- or 4-stroke engine within the recommended range.
Gewicht 2.6-2.8 kg
All wood to construct the airplane, pushrods, prebent aluminum main landing gear, 3/32" tailwheel wire, nylon adjustable engine mount, hardware package, ABS plastic cowling and wheel pants, clear canopy, decals, photo-illustrated instructions, full-size rolled plans.